Saturday, November 17, 2007

I'm so stinkin lazy!!!



I was sitting up here at my computer, feeling a little thirsty. I've become picky with drinking water though... I don't really like it straight from the tap. I prefer the water that comes out of the filtered dispenser on my refrigerator. It tastes better (I think) and it's a few degrees cooler. I was thirsty, but I didn't want to walk all the way downstairs and into the kitchen, and dirty another glass just for some water. I'm battling some allergies, so I went downstairs anyway to get the allergy medicine. I decided to get the small glass instead of the large glass.

As the cool, refreshing, filtered water filled my glass I remembered Mark Hall's (Casting Crowns) talk with us about his trip to a third world country where the children would travel down into a valley where water would gather from the surrounding terrain, then they would travel back up with the water, and sometimes make this trip a few times/day. And this wasn't water to drink, this was just water to bathe themselves, to water their livestock, and to clean their clothes. The drinking water was another mile or so away.

This is worth knowing:


Casting Crowns Video

1 comment:

Charles William Hughes said...

if you like filtered water, which you said you did, and if you like nalgenes, which are always cool, check out this site. it talks about how brita teamed up with nalegene to try to put an end to the un-eco-friendly water bottle business. they are pretty trendy...i mean, i know i want one. go water!

www.filterforgood.com